mbed Device Connector
The ARM mbed Device Connector service lets you connect IoT devices to the cloud without having to build infrastructure, while providing security, simplicity and capacity required by developers to prove IoT applications at scale. The service makes IoT device messaging, provisioning and updates available to enterprise software, web applications and cloud stacks through easily-integrated REST APIs.
Key features and benefits
- Based on open industry standard protocols including CoAP/HTTP, TLS/TCP, DTLS/UDP and OMA LWM2M, enabling energy efficient data communication and device management.
- Includes strong end-to-end trust and security using open security standards.
- Works with REST APIs, making it easy to integrate with any system.
- Offers full integration of the developer console and web tools with mbed.com; there is no need to move to a different development environment after deployment.
- Provides an example web application, accelerating proof of concept projects.
- Fully compatible with mbed OS.
- Allows connecting mbed supported devices to the cloud simply and securely.
- Built to offer bandwidth efficient connectivity for even the most constrained IoT devices.
- Provides access to the ARM mbed IoT device ecosystem.
- Provided at no cost to IoT developers*.
* Free tier is limited to 100 devices, 10,000 events per hours and two API keys. Contact us if you need more.
Transitioning to a commercial service
Everything you do using the mbed Device Connector service is reusable when you transition to a commercial service. mbed supports transition to commercial deployments with either on-premises infrastructure or as a service.
Find out more at https://connector.mbed.com/.